We want to provide better support to help people manage their physical, mental and social needs. This will include:
– Better access to diagnosis and treatment
– More coordinated care for people with long term conditions
– Personalised support to live at home
We want to focus on providing more services in the community to allow hospitals to focus on providing specialist care that can’t be provided in a community setting or at home.
We will do this by providing specialist health and care professionals to work alongside GPs and community services to look after people needs, which improve a patient’s care pathway.
- Provide more convenient access to services for people who need it the most
- Improving traditional communications between GPs and consultants, such as discharge letters and referral letters