Salford Together is transforming the health and social care system, promoting greater independence for the adult population and delivering more integrated care. It has a triple aim to:
- Deliver better health and social care outcomes
- Improve the experience of service users and carers
- Reduce overall health and social care costs
To measure how successful we are in achieving those aims, we have also set out some improvement measures, with targets set for 2020.
- Reducing emergency admissions and re-admissions
- Reducing permanent admissions to residential and nursing care
- Improving the quality of life for users and carers
- Increasing the proportion of people who feel supported to manage their own conditions
- Increasing satisfaction with the care and support provided to older people
- Increasing the flu vaccine uptake for older people
- Increasing the proportion of older people who die at home or in their preferred place of dying.